2 in 1 Hot Plate Taiwan - 2RP/IS021
HOW TO SEASON CAST IRON?
1. Wash with warm and soapy water (normal detergents).
2. Dry it thoroughly with a clean towel.
3. Dry it on the stove over low heat for about 1 minute to get the best result.
4. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a light coat of cooking oil or melted shortening to all the surfaces of cast iron. Wipe the surfaces until no oil residue remains.
5. (Optional) Heat the seasoned cast iron cookware in a preheated oven with an upside-down position for about 30 minutes. If you want to go through this step, please make sure that your kitchen is well ventilated as it may get a little smoky.
- Clean it immediately after use, while it is still hot or warm. Don’t soak the pan or leave it in the sink because it may rust.
- Avoid harsh detergents and scrubbers (rough scouring pads, steel scourer, etc.) so you don’t disrupt the coating.
- Never marinate in cast iron.
- Acidic mixtures will damage the seasoning.
- Season it every single time after use.
- Foods like tomatoes, citrus, or beans can be tough on a cast iron skillet if it’s not thoroughly seasoned.
- Store the skillet in a dry place after seasoning.
- Always make sure it is in dry and seasoned condition!
WHAT TO DO IF IT RUST?
- Use Steel wool, dish soap, scrubbing brush, scouring pad, or sponge to remove the rust and re-season.
- Every measurement is subject to errors because our instruments and our sense are imperfect.
- The colour looks different on all device screens. Lightning and photography equipment also plays a big part.
NOTE: TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT PLEASE CONTACT US.