18 - 23 cm White Claypot (All Size)
Original price RM39.90 MYR
Current price RM28.30 MYR
- for essential cooking hot food .
- Heat resistance
Cooking Techniques and Handling the Pots
- Always soak the pot in cool water for 10 to 15 minutes before using it.
- Never put a clay pot in a preheated oven because it will crack from the shock of the heat.
- Bake at high temperatures (400º to 475º F) to let the moisture that's saturated the clay slowly turn into steam.
- Clay pot cooking does not require added fats. As with microwave cooking, use added fats only as a seasoning.
- Do not place a hot clay pot on a cold or cool surface as it will crack. So when taking a hot pot out of the oven, always place on a wood or heat resistant trivet or potholder.
- Clay pots should not be used on top of the stove.
- Add liquids sparingly -- as any food you're cooking will throw off liquids and you don't want the pot to overflow.
- Because it retains heat, a clay pot will continue to cook after you take it out of the oven. So either factor this into your cooking time or else remove the cover and the food soon after removing it from the oven.
What to Cook in Clay Pots
Because food is cooked at high temperatures and with steam, some types of dishes are particularly well suited to clay pot cooking.
- Vegetable ragouts and ratatouille
- Baked potatoes
- Whole chickens, Cornish hens, and ducks, along with vegetables
- Stews and casseroles
- Baked cheese, such as feta, with olives and fresh oregano
- Bread puddings
NOTE: TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT PLEASE CONTACT US